Shear Comfort XD1900 Pressure Care Assistant
The Pressure Care Assistant can be used to protect a certain area of the body whilst in bed such as the heels or hips, and has a linen flaps that can be tucked under the edge of a mattress to secure it in place.
- Feel the targeted benefits of the fabric-backed Shear Comfort medical sheep’s wool.
- XD1900 is medical sheep’s wool unique to Shear Comfort, with a fibre density higher than even the very best natural sheepskins – which gives it superior pressure redistribution properties.
- This is achieved by weaving natural wool to a fabric backing, and is not to be confused with artificial sheepskins created from synthetic ‘wool.’ We use natural wool, and treat it to ensure it can be repeatedly washed up to 80°C. Plus, because XD1900 has no leather backing, it can be washed with normal household detergent.
- All Shear Comfort products are machine washable, and guaranteed against deterioration for up to 50 washes.
- Size: 70 x 30 cm
Natural Skin Microclimate Control
- What your Shear Comfort™ overlay does is to provide the ideal microclimate for a good sleep, looking after temperature and perspiration regulation, with the excellent air redistribution properties of a wool product.
Improved Sleep Quality
- As far back as 1984, Dickson showed that a wool underlay decreased restlessness and improved sleep quality. Individuals with fibromyalgia, suffering from diffuse chronic pain and tender muscles, showed significant pain reduction and improved sleep quality when using wool overlays (Kiyak et all, 2009).
Silent Pressure Care
- In a residential or medical care facility, Shear Comfort™overlays are a lower cost pressure care solution, and remove the discomfort and noise experienced with plastic based options, such as plastic air filled overlays or alternating pressure mattresses.
You may also enjoy…