Shear Comfort XD1900 Neonatal Overlay
- Comfort for babies’ and toddlers’ delicate skin.
- At a size perfect for newborns, the Neonatal Overlay is small enough to place in an incubator, cot, or Moses basket to protect your baby’s skin and help them sleep soundly.
- For older babies or toddlers, the Paediatric Overlay fits perfectly in a pushchair, cot bed, or even on the floor for a cosy patch of Sheep’s wool to rest and play on.
- Paediatric Size: 74 x 45 cm
- Neonatal Size: 50 x 30 cm
Did you know?
There have been a number of studies that illustrate the benefits for babies sleeping on and under wool:
- The rate of weight gain in underweight new-borns was 61% higher when sleeping on a wool overlay compared with a cotton sheet
- Jaundiced new-borns sleeping on wool were more settled when sleeping compared with those on cotton. Only around 30% of babies on wool cried compared with 67% on cotton
More About Shear Comfort
- XD1900 is medical sheep’s wool unique to Shear Comfort, with a fibre density higher than even the very best natural sheepskins – which gives it superior pressure redistribution properties.
- This is achieved by weaving natural wool to a fabric backing, and is not to be confused with artificial sheepskins created from synthetic ‘wool.’ We use natural wool, and treat it to ensure it can be repeatedly washed up to 80°C. Plus, because XD1900 has no leather backing, it can be washed with normal household detergent.
- The Shear Comfort Natural skins can be washed with Shear Comfort Wool Care Shampoo, or another appropriate leather wash at temperatures up to 80° C.
- All Shear Comfort products are machine washable, and guaranteed against deterioration for up to 50 washes.
Natural Skin Micro climate Control
- What your Shear Comfort™ overlay does is to provide the ideal micro climate for a good sleep, looking after temperature and perspiration regulation, with the excellent air redistribution properties of a wool product.
Improved Sleep Quality
- As far back as 1984, Dickson showed that a wool underlay decreased restlessness and improved sleep quality. Individuals with fibromyalgia, suffering from diffuse chronic pain and tender muscles, showed significant pain reduction and improved sleep quality when using wool overlays (Kiyak et all, 2009).
Silent Pressure Care
- In a residential or medical care facility, Shear Comfort™overlays are a lower cost pressure care solution, and remove the discomfort and noise experienced with plastic based options, such as plastic air filled overlays or alternating pressure mattresses.
You may also enjoy…