Adjustable Height Chair
Adjustable height chair, is often described as a firm padded height adjusatble louge chair with a back rest and padded arm rests.
The function of an adjustable height chair provides comfort, support and ease of transfer on/off the chair to a person with decreased leg strength mobility or endurance.
This chair is to be adjusted to a height that is most suitable to the user when transfering into the standing position.
Points to consider
- Ensure the adjustable height chair is stable on the floor and cannot slide.
- Two hands should be placed on the armrests when transferring on/off the adjustable height chair to aovid being unbalanced.
- To sit on the chair – walk backwards until you can feel the seat on the back of your legs and lower yourself onto the seat.
- to stand from the chair – lean forward and push up through legs, unless otherwise specified by your health care professional.
- Do not change the height adjustmentof the legs after the inital set up
- Position the chair so it is easily accessible to the user. Preferably in an open space with a clear passage to and from the chair.
- Locate items such as cordless telephone, remote control and reading glasses on a table next to the chair, so they are within easy reach.
- The adjustable height chair should be regularly cleanned.